So as I mentioned in my previous post, "games, glasses, and more goodbyes," I hosted the Not So Newlywed Game last Friday night. Basically, we had six crew couples answer questions about each other before the show, and then we had them try to match each other's answers--hilarity ensued.
My six couples were:
- Ken and Mary Sanders, crew physician and hospital housekeeping supervisor, married 39 years.
- Olly and Sally Peet, transportation manager and speech therapist, married 15 years.
- Roger and Barb Quesenberry, ship security officers, married 28 years.
- Richard and Elaine Winn, admissions nurse and writer, married 45 years.
- Alex and Sharon Williams, OR admin assistant and ward nurse, married 9 months (and 3 days!).
- John and Jenny Rolland, photographer and OR supervisor, married 15 years.
- What is your wife's most irritating habit?
- If stranded on a desert island, what is one thing your wife couldn't live without?
- Complete this sentence: My wife is a natural born _____________.
- How many girlfriends did you husband have before you?
- Complete this sentence: My husband may be the world's best __________, but he is the world's worst _________.
- Please rate your wife's morning breath: A) Like sweet perfume, B) Just fine, C) So so, D) Pretty darn bad, or E) Could kill a small dog
Me, doing my hosting duties.
We asked the wives, "When it comes to upper body, would you say your husband is more: Buffed, Puffed, Stuffed, or Just not enough?" Olly quickly answered "Buffed!" but Sally had written down "Perfectly Puffed!"
The Peets look on as the Quesenberrys answer a question. I can't tell which questions it was in this photo, but the Barb and Roger came in second place, so they probably got it right.
The Winns answering a question. When he was in college, Richard worked at a grocery store with Elaine's brother. The brother asked Richard to take his little sister to a school dance because she needed a date. After picking her up, he found out that she had brought along a can opener and her mom's hat pin as defense if he was a bad date! Before the show we asked the wives, "What one item of clothing does your husband wear that you just can't stand?" When we asked Richard, he happily stood up, gestured, and said "This shirt that I'm wearing right now!" Elaine then turned her card around and it read, "The shirt he is wearing right now!" So funny. Richard and Elaine won first place. The prize: an exclusive private dinner for two cooked by one of our chefs on board. Their request: just no rice!
Alex and Sharon, our only actual newlyweds. Alex said that his wife's morning breath would not only kill a small dog, but any other canine within a two mile radius. Surprisingly, she matched his answer!
Unfortunately, I don't have any not-blurry photos of the Sanders and the Rollands. Sorry guys! So far I've gotten a lot of requests for another show, perhaps another Not So Newlywed Game, or an "Engaged and Dating" version, or the Dating Game. We'll just have to wait see....
In other game news, my trivia team won first place AGAIN this week!! Same members, but we changed our name to One Night Asleep At the Rattlesnake Ramblin'. This weeks categories included more movie and music clips, art, science, world cities, and the Olympics. We each won a $2 gift certificate to the Ship Shop/Cafe/Starbucks--a welcome treat. Next week is the final competition and we hope to take home the grand prize. More to come.