24 March 2011

delivery

Here on the Africa Mercy, our galley (kitchen) depends a lot on what is available locally.  Several times since I've been here, there have been mountains of fresh produce (sometimes delivered in laundry baskets) waiting in the reception area: mangoes, potato greens, tomatoes, pineapples, etc.  But today was slightly different.  I was bringing a patient up to reception to lead them out to the dock (they had just had cataract surgery), when a fishy smell hit my nose as I approached Deck 5.  Barracuda.


Now they post the weekly menu in the dining room, but I had no idea when I saw "Friday: Ginger and Lime Fish with Coconut Rice" that I would actually be eating something that could kill me if alive.  Note: 


Each barracuda weighed about 10 kilos (roughly 22 pounds)!  Needless to say, I am pretty excited for dinner tomorrow.  

3 comments:

  1. prayers today tomorrow and Saturday on the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa Kennedy25/3/11 12:42

    that fish freaks me out seth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want full detail on that dinner it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete