26 July 2011

seven links

Throughout my time spent at Rockbridge (my summer camp in Virginia), I have met incredible person after incredible person.  Anyone who has ever been there can attest to the amazing quality of the people who work and volunteer there.  Nina, a volunteer lifeguard I met in 2009, is one of these people.  She writes a pretty awesome (and funny!) blog over at ninaconcepcion.blogspot.com.  She will soon be moving to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career and I know that her blog will reflect her adventures there.  Lots of good reading ahead.

Anyway, the reason I say all of this is because Nina recently nominated my blog for the Seven Links Challenge.  The rules are as follows:
1)  Blogger is nominated to take part
2)  Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category.
3)  Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
4)  These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
5)  And so it goes on!
6)  We’ll be sharing the best posts from participating bloggers on our blog and everyday on Facebook and Twitter at #My7Links

So here it goes:
  • My most beautiful post: faces. I love taking photos of the children here almost as much as they love having their picture taken.  It never gets old.  
  • My most popular post: screening day. According to Blogger Stats, this post has had the most individual page views.  It was a horrible day, but definitely a story that needed to be told.   
  • My most controversial post: almost made it.  I don't really think any of my posts are controversial, per se, but this one probably caused the most worry in my hoping-I-make-it-there-all-in-one-piece-with-my-luggage-too family.  
  • My most helpful post: job 22:21-30. Sometimes I just post scripture.  I love the Book of Job because it is solid stuff to chew on when you are feeling down.  Think you had a bad day?  Put on Job's shoes.
  • A post whose success surprised me: don't carry it all.  I wrote this post after a really crummy week.  I felt dragged down and tired and cranky.  When I started I was going to air my grievances with the world, but opted not to and wrote about some song lyrics instead (I tend to comment on song lyrics/scripture when I lack personal anecdotes).  A lot of people read it much to my surprise!
  • A post I feel didn't get the attention it deserved: living on a ship. I thought there was some funny stuff in this post, but no one even commented on it!  C'mon y'all!  I love getting comments!
  • The post I am most proud of: dust.  This post represents doing something you never thought in a million years you would do.  
Well there you have it!  I don't really follow that many blogs, but I love the ones that I do.  So as my nominations, I nominate Katie at toyouiliftmysoul.blogspot.com and Kari at postcardpenpal.blogspot.com. I've mentioned their blogs before and they are truly great! 

1 comment:

  1. I've been feasting on your blogs all day... Ioved this one sending me to 7 other specific vignettes of your time. When I prayed for being able to read about some personal experiences before I embark on my first Mercy Ships opportunity, I didn't expect such a blessing! My mind is "stuffed!" I'll have to feast more another day. Thanks for your faithfulness in blogging. And it's more than a "coincidence" that a Rockbridge connection brought to your Rockbridge smorgasbord. God is so fun!

    ReplyDelete