15 September 2011

muster

"This is a drill, this is a drill."

We here this from the captain every other Thursday, during our regularly scheduled fire drill.  Last week, my friend Murray (the assistant purser) informed me that I was assigned to be a muster station name caller.  Mustering is the process of accounting for all members in a unit--in this case, the whole ship.  I was not excited at first, because I don't like going outside during the drills (normally I muster with the rest of the OR staff on board).  The upside is that my muster partner is my friend Miriam, the pharmacist.  During mustering, people report to their appropriate station, have their name crossed off the list, and then later, all the lists are compiled to see who is missing.  The whole drill usually takes about 30 minutes. 

Here is a little video we shot today before crew began to muster.  Did I mention that all the muster station people must wear silly yellow hats?


4 comments:

  1. Was that Seth, my grandson, behind all that facial hair? It surely was not. He is too handsome to hide behind all that. I can bend a little but not a lot. I still love you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Gigi here. Not only are you videographer and producer, but did I hear a bit of directing in there, too? Who know where God will take you, Great-Nephew!!! We are so proud of all of you aboard the Mercy Ships. Jesus is smiling. Love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Gigi again. Just read Moma's comment about the facial hair. Moma is my sister and we never did agree about hair in general. Aunt Gigi thinks you are as handsome as ever! You see, Seth, I love Keith's hair, too. Don't tell Moma. Shhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete