19 January 2012

round 2

Greetings from the AFM!

I arrived back to the Africa Mercy on Monday evening, where I'll be serving for the next three and half months.  This year, our outreach is in the French-speaking, West African country of Togo.  Mercy Ships will be here until early June providing free surgeries that are not only life-saving, but life-altering as well.

I spent the past six weeks on holiday from the ship, visiting friends and family both at home and abroad.  It was an excellent time, filled with fun and lots of unforgettable memories.

I will keep this post short as things are just beginning here, but I can tell you that in the next few weeks you will be reading about the following:

  • More about Togo and what we'll be doing
  • Some photos from my time at home
  • The conclusion of my GOOD 30 Day Photo Challenge (I haven't forgotten about it!)

Additionally, you can be praying for:

  • Safe travels as dozens of new crew arrive in the next two weeks
  • Energy for the staff as we unpack and set up the hospital, dock-side facilities, and other projects
  • Discernment and wisdom for our management and team leaders as they make plans and prepare for the start of the outreach
  • The people of Togo, that they will come to see the love of Christ
It's good to be back on the ship and on the blog!  I will try to update regularly, so be sure to check back often.  As always, thanks for your support, love, thoughts, prayers, readership, etc., all of the above!



1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you may it back to the ship without incident. I will continue to pray for all of you as you begin a period of new ministry to the people of Togo. By the way, did the cookies survive the trip?

    ReplyDelete