15 February 2012

o pos

A few days back, I had the opportunity to be a blood donor (again!) here on the ship.  You can read about my first time donating by reading (and watching the video!) on this post entitled "blood."    Last time, my blood was for a patient in our Intensive Care Unit, but this time it was needed in the OR for a patient that was undergoing surgery right then and there!  As I've mentioned before, we have a living, breathing "blood bank" on the ship since we don't have storage space for blood.  If a unit is needed, the donor is called, the blood is drawn, and then it goes almost immediately into the recipient. 

 One of our lab techs/vampires Polly drawing my blood.


Moments later in the OR with Dr. Iain (an anaesthestist).  Yep, that's my blood being hooked up.


A gift from some of the OR nurses.  My number was supposed to be 15 (my hemaglobin/iron level), but the 5 was accidentally made into a 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment