09 November 2011

good challenge, day 8

Day 8: Document Something Funny

Today's assignment was a bit vexing, as many things that are funny are either a) not really photographic or b) one of those "you had to be there" moments.  I had my camera with me all day hoping I could photograph someone falling up the stairs or spilling their drink in their lap, but alas, I caught no ungraceful missteps today.

With Tuesday night dinner being African night, and having 8 month's worth of African nights behind me, a group of my friends opted to cook breakfast for dinner as an alternative.  The evening resulted in a great meal and lots of laughter, which is why I chose the following photo for the assignment:

Clockwise from far left: Gini, Angie, Alex, Sharon, Melissa R., me, Cyle, Shannon, Melissa D.  (and Rob, taking the photo)


As you can see, we had quite a spread.  Angie made homemade biscuits, I made homefries, Shannon and Melissa D. made French toast, Sharon made sweet tea, and Cyle made four HUGE sausage and cheese omelettes (they kinda of look like calzones in this photo.)  I think I can speak for the group when I say that everyone had an evening of great food and fellowship.  I'm definitely looking forward to a little family-style Thanksgiving meal in a few weeks!    


1 comment:

  1. The food looks delicious and it seems as though you have a lot of good cooks on board. It is nice that you have the accommodations to do some cooking and not have to rely on someone else doing the cooking for you all the time. Are you doing pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete